Visit each location for only $1.00 and enjoy the speaker presentations for just $3.00 each, at the door. Also, be sure to pickup a FREE quilt block at each quilt display location, to assemble your very own 2011 “Quiltway” masterpiece.
Cheri Wood will be our featured speaker for the Byway event at on Friday October 7th at 5pm. With over 20 years of quilting experience, Cheri has always been curious about the why and for whom a quilt has been made and the story behind them. So after reading about the civil war quilts and the underground railroad, she wanted to learn more about the secret messages in the form of quilt patterns that aided the slaves escaping from captivity during those times. Learn more about her discoveries!!!
Other Friday Speakers
- Kim Gray will speak on “The History of Quilting” @ 2:00 p.m.
- Jane Vereen will speak on “The Preservation of Quilts” @ 3:00 p.m.
- Lois Schock will do a demonstration of a “Wacky Nine Patch @ 1:00 p.m.
- Sandy Zane will speak on “Embroidery” @ 12:00 p.m.
- Maryanne Noonie will speak on “Appliqué” @ 2:00 p.m.
- Pam Wendte will speak on “T Shirt Quilts” @ 3:00 p.m.
- Karilyn Watkins will speak on “Snap Happy Bags” @ 4:00 p.m.