This is the second part on using EBSCOhost ebooks through the library. Before one can use the service to its greatest potential you need to create an EBSCOhost account. The following describes how to do that.How do I create a My EBSCOhost account?
To create a My EBSCOhost account:
- Click the Sign In link in the top toolbar of EBSCOhost.
- From the Sign In to My EBSCOhost Screen, click the Create a new account link.
- The Create a New Account Screen displays with Personal Account entered in the Account Type field.
- Fill in the fields on the Create a New Account Screen. When you have completed the fields, click Continue.
- If all the information was accepted, a message appears that provides your user name and password. Click OK. You will be automatically logged in as a personal user. You should note the user name and password you created so you can log in at a future session.
- When you set up a personal account, we ask for your name, e-mail address, a unique login name, password, and password validation. This information is only used to identify you at log in so your searches are not viewed or used by anyone else. We do not share this information.
- Passwords should be five or more characters, with a mixture of upper and lower case letters and numbers, for example: PeterP301.