Tuesday, August 5, 2014

"my Social Security" Sign-up

The South Sioux City Public Library, 2121 Dakota Avenue will host a “my Social Security” Sign-up, on Thursday August 14th, at 3:30 p.m.  Ric Kromenhoek of the local Social Security office will demonstrate how to sign-up for the “my Social Security” program.   The purpose of the, “my Social Security” website is to allow you to easily switch from mail to direct deposit; change your address, or get a benefit verification letter. 
If you are not currently receiving benefits you will be able to estimate your retirement, disability, or survivor’s benefits; check your earnings to make sure what Social Security has stated is correct; and estimate the Social Security taxes you have paid. 

It is important for everyone to sign up for “my Social Security” to make sure you receive the benefits that are due to you.

No comments: