We had this question come up lately. The following are the steps to uninstalling a program on Windows 8.
Uninstall a program
If you want to free up space on a drive, you can uninstall programs you're not using.
Uninstall an app on the Start screen
- On the Start screen, press and hold or right-click the app tile.
- Tap or click Uninstall.If you'd rather not uninstall an app, but want to remove it from your Start screen, instead of tapping or clicking Uninstall, tap or click Unpin from Start. For more info go to Getting around your PC.
Uninstall a desktop program
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
- Enter control panel in the search box, and then tap or click Control Panel.
- Under View by:, select Large Icons, and then tap or click Programs and features.
- Tap or click the program, and then tap or click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.